How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Agora Solutions Ltd collects personal information. It applies to information we may collect and process in the following instances:
• Information that you provide by filing in forms on our site [http://www.agora-solutions.co.uk].
• Information that you provide to us by telephone; e-mail or face to face.
• If you contact us, we may keep a copy of that correspondence
Visitors to our website
We do not collect or store personal information in our cookies.
Security and performance
Agora Solutions Ltd uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website(s).
People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
People who make a complaint to us
When we receive a complaint from an individual we create a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
• We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
• We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whomever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute.
• We may also have to disclose details of the complaint to our professional Indemnity Insurer.
• We will keep personal information contained in complaint files in line with our retention policy. This means that information relating to a complaint will be retained for 3 years from closure. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
Job applicants, current and former employees
Agora Solutions Ltd is the data controller for the information you provide during the recruitment process. Should you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at email@example.com
• All of the information you provide during the process will solely be used for the purposes of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
• We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
• We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
• We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
• The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
You will therefore be required to provide:
• Proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
• Proof of your qualifications – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
• You will be asked to complete a criminal records declaration to declare any unspent convictions.
• We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references
If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following:
• Bank details – to process [salary/commission/bonus] payments
• Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
Use of data processors
Data processors are third parties who provide elements of our service for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. From 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force.
• Access to personal information (Portability). Data Subjects may submit a Subject Access Request – in order to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold about them in a structured and portable manner. All SAR requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Confirmation of whether, and where, the controller is processing their personal data
• Agora Solutions Ltd is the Data Controller and a Processor.
• Right of Data subjects to erasure (Right to be forgotten). Data Subjects may notify the Firm if they wish to exercise their right to erasure. Such a withdrawal of Consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to the withdrawal. Data Subjects that exercise this right will be removed from any future contact. Agora Solutions Ltd may retain a copy of any personal data, if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• Right of rectification. Agora Solutions Ltd will seek to ensure that inaccurate or incomplete data will be rectified. Data Subjects have the right of rectification
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 23rd July 2018
How to contact us
Agora Solutions Ltd, 87 Heming Road, Washford Industrial Estate, Redditch B98 0EA.